Deutsche Post DHL Inhouse Consulting GmbH
+49 228 182 93331
Link zur Homepage
We employ over half a million people around the globe across postal services, international express delivery, forwarding and contract logistics. Our activities generate huge data and unlocking this value is the key to our digital transformation.
Data Science - Intern (m/f)
Deutsche Post DHL Inhouse Consulting GmbH -
This Data Science internship will give you professional experience in a global logistics company. In a team of Data Scientists, you will apply mathematical methods such as time series analysis and machine learning to solve concrete business problems. Tasks might include forecasting daily shipment volumes for accurate capacity planning or predicting delivery times of our transport network. Under guidance of experienced Data Scientists, you will conduct data analyses, develop mathematical models and implement prototypes. You will interpret modeling results in a business context and discuss these with members your project team.
- University student in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or related natural sciences
- Good knowledge of machine learning, statistics and/or mathematical optimization
- First experience in analyzing complex datasets and building mathematical models
- Good programming skills and/or experience in scripting languages (Python, R or Java)
- Very good written and spoken English, German is a plus
- Energetic and success-oriented problem solver
- Independent work ethic, with integrity,loyalty, and a positive “can-do”- attitude
- Passionate team player
You will have the opportunity to put your knowledge into practice and gain insights into the day-to-day running of an internationally operating company. We offer appropriate compensation.
Dauer: 6-12 months
Anzahl der Plätze:
Angaben zum Unternehmen
The Deutsche Post DHL Group team is the leading mail and logistics service provider for the world. As one of the planet’s largest employers operating in over 220 countries and territories, we see the world differently. Join our team and discover how an international network that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability is able to connect people and improve lives through the power of global trade. And not just for our customers, but for every member of our team, too.